Makes one cup
1 x 250g unsalted butter, softened
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 cup chopped parsley
6 sprigs fresh thyme
For a savoury tomato butter, add:
1/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
For a Christmas twist, add:
1/3 cup chopped cranberries
Hold on to your left-over herbs to make this fragrant herb butter ahead of time.
- Place butter into a bowl and allow to soften.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Stir the herbs through the softened butter.
- Place the butter on a piece of greaseproof paper and roll up, twisting the ends to make a sausage shape.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use, and when ready to use, unwrap the butter and cut into slices.
TO USE ON CHICKEN
- To place under the chicken or turkey skin, gently use the back of a spoon or your hands to work a pocket between the skin and the breast meat.
- Gently place a piece of butter under the skin on either side before roasting. This can be done a day in advance. Simply leave your chicken prepped in the fridge overnight, then place straight into the oven.
- Herb butter is fabulous on steamed vegetables (and even bread)! Simply dollop a slice on top of warm veggies before serving.